Nakina Ward Spring Clean Up Collection Day - This event has already occurred
Please place eligible items neatly at the curbside by 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day. Once collection is completed by area, no further pickups will be conducted. Please be aware that it may take more than one day per area, depending on the volume of waste to be picked up. All appliances containing Freon must be tagged with a Freon Tag, available for purchase at any Municipal Ward Office. Various Public Works equipment will be used during the collection to keep recyclable waste (electronics, tires, metal, appliances) separate.
Waste items accepted in the expanded curbside waste collection include:
- Recyclables (i.e. scrap metal, appliances, electronic waste, and tires)
- Household items (i.e. furniture and mattresses)
- Bagged/bundled yard waste
Items not accepted in the expanded curbside waste collection include:
- Demolition materials (i.e. shingles, dismantled sheds, asphalt, and concrete)
- Household hazardous waste (i.e. paint and fertilizers)
- Felled trees
For more information please contact the Public Services Department at (807) 854-1100.